I am an expert in digital transformation, eCommerce, retail/consumer businesses, leveraging and delivering high impact analytics, and accelerating innovation and revenue.
I have a proven track-record in driving growth & turnarounds.
Starting at IBM, I developed the skills and experience to be a strategic operating leader who:
- Transform businesses to be more focused and more agile.
- Drives product and marketing innovation across organizations and industries.
- Leverages technology: Digital marketing, eCommerce, business intelligence and data analytics.
- Drives top and bottom-line results; enhancing organizational productivity and individual performance, and success!
- Aligns people and processes, to deliver, rapid, lasting change.
In the last 15 years I have:
- Demonstrated a strong track record of driving double digit growth, effective execution and outstanding business results across organizational and industry boundaries - Sears, Evite, BuySeasons, Nationwide Marketing Group
- Evolved a unique mix of innovation (see patent below), operational rigor and emotional intelligence to lead, align and motivate teams using Agile, Scrum and Job Responsibility tools.
- Become a hands-on leader with experience leading rapid growth and turnarounds in businesses from $20M to $6B. I've achieved these results by leading and scaffolding transformation of teams and organizations, using agile approaches, and ideas, supported by analytics, to accelerate change and deliver results across sales, marketing, product, operations and technology.
- Monetized existing assets, while identifying and capitalizing on new opportunities - analytics @ PowerReviews, data @ Evite, network at NMG.
- Pioneered new channels by integrating insights from teams, market data, consumer behavior, social media/digital communities, and traditional and online supply chains and distribution channels.
- Remained committed to ongoing personal development as an author, inventor and highly rated professor.
Product Management (99+)
Marketing Strategy (98)
Find more on LinkedIn.
I have the utmost respect for Dev, as a professional and as a human being. He's genuine, has great personal integrity and is enjoyable to be around. Dev is absolutely someone you want on your team or want to do business with. He has a natural ability to earn the trust of traditionally difficult to win over stakeholders including founders and entrepreneurs. James Kane, Founder and CEO Retailer Web Services
Dev is a strong leader and I have never been challenged more professionally than I was during our time working together. It was a privilege to report to him for 3 years.
He is a strategic thinker with long term vision He possesses a unique combination of technical knowledge with strong business management expertise. I appreciate his willingness to share his years of experience, while also being open to new ideas and opposing view points.On many occasions, I had the opportunity to observe Dev engage with vendors and customers. I watched him navigate negotiations and presentations with ease and confidence. He provides practical solutions with use of technology, experience, data and defined processes. He quickly became a valued resource to the businesses we serve.
Dev is a strong advocate of women in leadership roles and encouraged networking and mentoring programs to help women to prepare for and pursue management positions. Additionally, he is deeply invested in the success of those he works with. I was fortunate to be one the many people that he invested both his time and expertise and his mentorship has been invaluable to my professional growth. Dev consistently pushed me outside of my comfort zone and challenged me to think more strategically.Jennifer Danko, Founder CTO, SiteOnTime
I found Dev to be a fantastic partner in business. He very clearly has a command over the complexities of technology and how that best aligns with the marketplace. I find in my career, so far, that his knowledge and expertise has no peer with anyone I have worked with.
The more surprising thing about Dev is his command of leadership and relational business acumen. I found that seeking Dev's perspective on key decisions and other matters was vitally important because his experience and insight usually proved incredibly beneficial.Keith Bagby, CFO